So…here is where I got my layout to and felt I was pretty much done. I never adhere anything down until I’ve let a layout sit for a while. I’ll often catch things or change my mind and don’t want to limit myself with things stuck down until I’m satifsfied. Of course there are times when I just need/want to get done (ie: an assignment deadline, or I am just ready to be done with it and move on).
I finally got to working on the page some more Friday (I had some friends over while my hubby and boys were camping) and as I began to adhere the elements down I decided to make a few changes. I axed the ribbon border–love the ribbon, but I felt it was too much with such a large photo. I used my black Zig pen to outline a thin border around the focal photo and placed brads in 3 corners. I also covered my chipboard bookplate hoping to make the title letters stand out a bit more. I traced the bookplate upside down on the back of the paper and used my craft knife to cut it out. Here’s what I ended up with:
I still need to add some journaling and a word on the photo inside the bookplate to complete the title. I’m also thinking of a few other tweaks that need to happen, but again…I’m going to let it percolate a while so I can think about my journaling format and perspective. Be back soon!