Had a great time, glad to be back…

…alive that is! Upon finally arriving after flight delays at 11:45pm Monday night, the bishop’s son (who is putting in mission papers this summer) came to pick us up in our van which had completely lost brakes on the way! Thank goodness he arrived safely! Derek carefully drove the van and us off the airport to a nearby parking lot so he could assess the problem and we ended up calling a mini-van cab and tow truck (Allstate towing service finally paid off) to get us all home. Whew! Now we are slowly digging out of our mountain of dirty laundry while Derek slowly fixes our brakes.

We enjoyed 2 weeks in rainy cold Utah for family reunions and visits. The first week we stayed in Spanish Fork with Derek’s sister, Ann, for 5 days and they were more than gracious to put up with us for so long. The cousins had a great time playing together and were patient with our loud boisterous crew. They kept busy playing tag, ghosts in the graveyard, apples to apples, risk, nerts, and various Wii/computer games. Derek and his brother-in-law, James, took the boys and a few cousins fishing which they loved. We also went to the fun aquatic center in Lehi, took the kids to Jumpin’ Jack’s, played at Discovery Park, ate lots, and visited lots.

The second week we spent at some condos in Park City for my family reunion. We were so sad that my sister, Hilary, and her family couldn’t come because her boys are still in school. My parents took us all out to dinner Saturday night, and we enjoyed church and a photo scavenger hunt on Sunday. Monday we attended the LDS Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house and the kids all had a good experience. Tuesday we swam and my parents took us to see “Up” in 3D. Wednesday we had a picnic lunch, toured LDS Welfare Square, and visited Bingham Canyon copper mine all in the rain. Thursday Grandpa took all the girl cousins to the zoo in the morning, and the boy cousins to a children’s museum in the afternoon. Friday we met up with my aunt and uncle and some cousins at Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake, and then Derek and the boys hit the family history library while the girls and I toured temple square.

We spent a few hours Saturday afternoon in Logan at an extended family reunion for my Dad’s side which was really neat. I haven’t seen some of my cousins for YEARS, and it was great to catch up and share stories about my grandparents whom I barely knew. We went back down to Spanish Fork staying with Derek’s other two sisters, Kristen and Teresa, before leaving Monday morning to head to Salt Lake for another round at the family history library for the boys, and a trip to the children’s museum for the girls. We flew home that afternoon and you know the rest. =)

We had such a great time and are so grateful for generous and gracious families that we enjoy getting together with. We are truly blessed! I’ll spare you any details from last month until next time. This is long enough. Enjoy some photos below from our trip.

P.S. I forgot to take photos for more than half of our trip…bad scrapbookerbad! So if anyone has any other photos of our visit, please email them (link’s on the sidebar). Thanks!

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Keeler cousins at Wheeler Farm
The girls at Temple Square visitor center

6 thoughts on “Had a great time, glad to be back…

  1. Sounds like you had so much fun! I love Lexie's haircut and you look great…where's your baby bump? You didn't happen to get your cousin's tomato soup recipe did you?
    Today is our last day of school and then we are going to Utah next month.

  2. I'm glad you all travelled safely, and that you were able to have a great family vacation. The pictures are georgeous! I need to head up there soon, I miss the trees and the greenery!

Leave a Reply