Though I wasn’t able to attend the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show in Anaheim, CA this weekend, that didn’t stop me from vicariously living the experience through abundant blog and facebook posts, pictures, and sneak peeks. From what I’ve seen, here are my top 10 new products (paper collections, embellishments, tools, etc) and top 5 general trends (lots of photos to follow):
Top Ten New Products:
1. Flower Punch Board (We R Memory Keepers) Even if you have an electronic or manual die cutting machine that can do this, sometimes it’s easier to pull out a small lightweight punch board to get the job done quickly.
2. DIY Shop (American Crafts) Love that these are all made to alter, paint, ink, and embellish. Do-it-yourself, indeed!
3. Getaway (Echo Park Paper Co) I love a good travel line. Even if I don’t have travel photos to scrap, I love using maps, tickets, tags and other bits of ephemera on my projects. Love these colors, too.
4. Evolution Advanced (We R Memory Keepers) This tool was already awesome, but adding the removeable motor (so you can choose between manual or motorized), height adjustment gear system (to get just the right amount of pressure), and foldable features make this just perfect!
5. Wooden Nickels (Jillibean Soup) I love all the wood embellishments that are so popular right now, and these are such a cute and clever twist on that trend.
6. Sheer Metallic (We R Memory Keepers) They’ve brought back vellum, but with the stunning addition of the metallic accents. This line is just gorgeous!
6. DIY (Simple Stories) Again, love that they’re providing crafters with a springboard for their own creativity to take a leap.
7. Summer Bliss (Echo Park Paper Co) This just makes me want summer to come right now! I love the whitewashed woodgrain, the flip flops, the instax cameras, and the bicycles.
8. Instagram Size Albums and Journaling Cards (We R Memory Keepers) Brilliant idea to cater to the hoards of Instagrammers out there (including myself) with these adorable 4×4 albums and journaling cards sets. Love!
9. Square Hole Cinch (We R Memory Keepers) So smart to give crafter the option of square binding holes in addition the round holes in the original Cinch.
10. Chalk Studio II (My Mind’s Eye) I love the chalkboard trend, and I think MME really kicked this one out of the park. Beautiful!
Top Five General Trends:
1. Metallic (We R Memory Keepers, Chickaniddy Crafts to name a few)
2. Chalkboard (American Crafts, My Mind’s Eye)
3. Enamel Dots (We R Memory Keepers, My Mind’s Eye, Simple Stories)
4. DIY (American Crafts, Simple Stories)
5. Pocket Scrapbooking/Journaling Card Sets (We R Memory Keepers, Simple Stories, My Mind’s Eye, Basic Grey, Project Life, etc)
Can’t wait for these to start hitting the stores soon!!