It’s that time of year! Spring is on the way, and along with warmer weather, I always think of wedding and baby showers. Don’t you? So, I just had to share this easy idea for creating a baby shower cake topper using some really handy We R Memory Keepers tools. I love a good stamp set, but even better is a good stamp set with matching dies! It makes creating so much quicker. That’s what I used to create this cake topper, and it was super easy. Let me show you how!
1. Ink the small flower side of the first stamp layer with the lightest color ink and stamp on a 3×5 inch piece of white paper using the Mini Precision Press that comes with the stamp, die, emboss kit.
2. Clean off the first ink color, and then ink the large flower side of the first stamp layer with the medium color ink and stamp. Then ink the leaf side of the second stamp layer with the medium ink color and stamp.
3. Select a sentiment stamp from the kit to insert into the sentimente side of the second stamp layer. Use the darkest color ink on the sentiment of the second stamp layer, and stamp with the Mini Precision Press.
4. Wait for the ink to dry (a heat gun helps speed up the process) then place the stamped paper into the die/emboss folder, matching up the image to the dies. Place the folder between the Emboss Plate and the Base Plate of the Mini Evolution and run it through the Mini Evolution.
5. Fold the two smaller flowers back to add dimension to your DIY embellishment.
6. Using the Square Punch Board, or a paper trimmer, punch a 3×4 inch rectangle from a coordinating dark color cardstock and a 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch rectangle from medium color paper. Adhere them together.
7. Adhere the DIY embellishment to the background using double sided tape for the large flower and foam squares for the smaller flowers. Add eyelets for hanging to the top two corners using the Crop-A-Dile.
8. Thread some twine through the eyelets and tie the ends to two paper straws. I love to use paper straws for cupcake and cake toppers because they’re so cute AND they’re food safe. Insert the straws into the top of your cake and enjoy!
Hopefully now you’re better prepared for baby showers in the future, thanks to this easy cake topper tutorial. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.